Look, last year wasn’t great. And just because it’s 2021 now, that doesn’t mean things are magically better. If you feel burned out, stressed, or just plain exhausted, you’re not alone. But there’s good news on the horizon. Vaccine rollouts may be slow, but they’re happening. Not long from now, life should return to some kind of normal, and we’ll be able to safely engage with the world again. The only trouble is lasting that long without completely losing it.
This week on Gadget Lab, WIRED service editor Alan Henry joins us to talk about the ways we can manage our time and mental energy. Whether it’s for focusing at work or just finding ways to relax, we have some suggestions that can help keep you on track.
Get more great advice for improving your life at home with WIRED’s tips and how-tos. Read our roundup of the best note-taking apps. See our list of ways to relax and unwind during lockdown. Also see our home office gear guide and start working from home like a pro.
Alan Henry can be found on Twitter @halophoenix. Lauren Goode is @LaurenGoode. Michael Calore is @snackfight. Bling the main hotline at @GadgetLab. The show is produced by Boone Ashworth (@booneashworth). Our theme music is by Solar Keys.
If you have feedback about the show, or just want to enter to win a $50 gift card, take our brief listener survey here.
You can always listen to this week’s podcast through the audio player on this page, but if you want to subscribe for free to get every episode, here’s how:
If you’re on an iPhone or iPad, open the app called Podcasts, or just tap this link. You can also download an app like Overcast or Pocket Casts, and search for Gadget Lab. If you use Android, you can find us in the Google Podcasts app just by tapping here. We’re on Spotify too. And in case you really need it, here’s the RSS feed.
- ? Want the latest on tech, science, and more? Sign up for our newsletters!
- I am not a soldier, but I have been trained to kill
- Everything we know now about kids and Covid-19
- In India, smartphones and cheap data give women a voice
- In Minecraft’s Dream SMP, all the server’s a stage
- How to get more plant-based meat onto plates in 2021
- ? WIRED Games: Get the latest tips, reviews, and more
- ? Torn between the latest phones? Never fear—check out our iPhone buying guide and favorite Android phones